Many people think the real estate market comes to a screeching halt in December, but it’s actually an excellent time to sell your home!
Here are 5 reasons to buy or sell a home during the holidays.
1. Serious Buyers: Buyers who are house hunting during December are serious about finding a new home! The amount of buyers looking during the holidays are lower, but those who are looking are ready and wanting to buy and they’re not messing around!
2. Low Supply: There is a reduction in home inventory during the holiday season which mean there is less competition. When the new year rolls around the supply of homes will increase which means more competition, longer days on market and potentially less money for your home.
3. More time: Although December can be a busy month full of holiday parties and shopping, it is also a time when buyers have less demanding work schedules. This gives a serious buyer time to look for a new home, especially if the buyers needs to find a new home in a short amount of time (see #5!)
4. Move in the Spring: Just because you sell in December doesn’t mean you need to pack up and move right away. You can negotiate a longer closing period or an extended use and occupancy.
5. Capturing the Relocating Buyer: January is the beginning of a new year and new jobs in new cities for some. When someone starts a new position out of state they need a home, and they need it ASAP! These buyers can’t wait until the spring market to buy, your house should be on the market to capture this unique buyer opportunity!
Buying a home is probably the most significant financial commitment you’ll ever make. Whether you’re a first time buyer or building your dream home, HUFF Realty will help you through the entire home buying experience!